Japan

Japan
Chizu area

Friday 15 January 2016

Where am I - the stars look very different today ?

I'm in Akureyri in the North of Iceland


Wow ! They actually want me here - I'm staying ! 

For 7 weeks anyway but I'm not quite there yet ! 

The big red thing is Akureyri at the bottom of a Ffjord. I'm going up the Ffjord even more north to Olafsfjordur. 
Icelandic is a beautiful sounding language ! But as an unprepared lazy English speaker these words and place names are difficult to get your tongue around.
Loa told me - the only local who's name I can write ( so far ) I can just call them Ak,Olavu,Siggi. 


So I'm in Ak eating my nice breakfast from the backpackers hostel who apparently think I'm wonderful.

Yum ! 

Loving the freedom, excited about my destination and my project ........when suddenly from Facebook all manner of horrors arrive ! 



DAVID BOWIE !!!***###???$€¥ ??????? WHAT !!! Died - it was that day ! 



No ! No ! No ! 

Death has been playing a huge part in my life at the moment and this is too much and also inextricably linked to my personal loss. 

Arghhhh ! 

All I can say is RIP Ian Smith, Roger Ely, Don Smith and David Jones ( Bowie )  - love you all X 

No comments:

Post a Comment