Japan

Japan
Chizu area

Saturday 30 January 2016

A brief sojourn



Unfortunately I had to go to London for my Father in-laws funeral. It was beautiful,fitting,sad and absolutely him.



The cemetery in Olafsfjordur 

I have been to too many funerals recently but they have all been very different and truly reflected the person - they have all been beautiful in their own unique special way just like them.
I hope though not to be at any more for a good while.

I did a lot of travelling, a lot of different things,hugged a few friends,kissed a lot of family. It was all very different from Olafsfdorfur - but apart from the reason for being there, the first shock of bad polluted air, the busyness and the feeling of disorientation when i first arrived, I loved it, because I was with people I loved. I am sure I was a happier,more relaxed person than when I left for Iceland.

London was a bit of a shock at first



I stayed with a lovely friend that I have known for 30 years. Went for dinner with my kids in a place called Sarastro in Covent Garden - the decor is wildly brilliant, the primarily Turkish food really good and there was live classical and operetta music. The decor in the toilets is not for the prudish. Go there if you are in the neighbourhood.



We went to the David Bowie wall in Brixton and left a memento that is important to us.


I returned to Olafsdorfur just in time for the Skammdegi Festival opening and I brought Rita Carload with me.



She mingled with guests and gave them all a small flower as a memento,they spoke about art and Listhus and how they loved having International Artists in Olafsfjordur, they also told her how they enjoy living here, some of them have left and lived elsewhere but they return because they love it.


That is how I feel , although I have only returned for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment