Japan

Japan
Chizu area

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Hello again from Liz !!




Woohoo !!!!! hello everybody - hope you are all good today !
I absolutely loved my holiday in Olafsfjordur what a gorgeous place - ( I love a gorgeous place that's why I moved to Scotland from Essex) 
It was so amazing going to a place that was snowy all the time and not covered in brown slidey sludge,and lovely mountains and fantastic people and Zumba and a swimming pool that you can actually swim in outside it went so fast.
It's been lovely coming back home and seeing Des and the kids ( and Dick too of course ). 
Last night I cooked a lovely Burns supper Haggis,Neeps and Tatties and lovely gravy - gorgeous ! in case you don't know Haggis is a lovely Scottish food made with loads of oats and barley and lentils and meat if you eat it and in a Sheeps guts and just all the other stuff if you don't eat meat, it's really tasty and spicy too with mashed turnips ( or swede in England ) and mashed potatoe - yum ! and Dick read a lot of Burns poetry and Des saluted the Haggis and made a lot of toasts, it was brilliant. 


Des,me and Dick before we went on the People's baton tour in 2014 

After quite a few whiskys and telling everyone all my stories about Iceland I ended up on the Internet - and you guessed it....I booked myself a ticket to come right back again !!!!!!!!!***???####$$$¥¥€€ so see you everyone in Olafsfdorfur on Thursday ! 
I might even learn to do sking this time or at least watch some other people doing it ! The sun's going to be over the mountains too so it'll be even more wonderful. Yippee !!! Hurrah!! and everything else brilliant like that.


In case you are wondering Des didn't mind really - he said he'd miss me but he had enjoyed a bit of quiet. I'm going to cook some nice pies and stick them in the freezer for him, the kids are grown up so they don't mind at all. Dick is a bit sad but he is only my neighbour and he likes to read my stories on the internet anyway.

Up up and away - meanwhile here are some lovely pics of Scotland from lots of different places from our tours ! There's a lot of water ! 

Xxx Liz Xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment