Japan

Japan
Chizu area

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Spectacular



This morning I went on a fantastic trip to the top of a mountain, to see the sunrise and the view,It was truly spectacular ! 





 I went with some of the Listhus Artists on an Arctic Freeride. 



It was truly fantastic,inspiring,amazing - every fantastic adjective you can think of - slightly scary too as I have never been driven up a mountain before,at times it was  very steep.




We looked and took in the sights of the sunrise and the mountains and the sea but mostly we took pictures !







Coming down the mountain I reflected on the spectacle I was witnessing, the white snow covered mountains, orange tinged sun-kissed peaks contrasting with the sharp shadows, the steepness of the track back down, the town and harbour of Olafsfjordur down far below us     - sights that I couldn’t record and share with you as my battery had run out, but they were sights and sensations that I could truly feel and be part of  - I stopped being a spectator and felt !




Should nature be described as spectacle ? To become a spectator - is that a modern phenomena ? Surely we are part of it already ? By being merely spectators do we lose our ability to feel ? Is that something that native Indians or traditional cultures know but we have forgotten.



I ask these questions but I will still share my pictures with you as they are too beautiful not to, and maybe I want to show off a little too. 




Goodnight Mary-Ellen, Goodnight Jim-Bob  ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment