Japan

Japan
Chizu area

Saturday 23 January 2016

Reflections on a grey day

Today I did some things, but mostly a lot of sleeping which I needed and enjoyed.
Then because it was my daughter's birthday I did some wallowing and thought about the past which is hard.
5 years ago life turned very sour and things got worse and worse until August 2014 when arguably it got the worst it possibly could.

However since 2012 I have been trying to live as positively as possible, to always see the good things, and once you look it is not hard. 



For example today in Olafsfjordur it was a grey day but still everywhere there was colour.




Today in Olafsfjordur there was rain and the snow began to melt and reflect the lights.


I made my first animal friend ( I'm missing my cats now so I enjoyed this ) 


The shop that has never been open was open and I met a lovely Lady in there ( no surprise then that she is Loa's mum.


I saw a man get out of his car with a white shirt under his jacket and a white trilby style hat. I'd love to know where he was going. He is definitely the most dapper / unusually dressed person I have seen so far in Iceland.


The best thing in the whole World in my opinion are people - friends and loved ones. Without them I might be a broken person, my friends have been my lifeline. 
My children's friends are the same for them and we are truly blessed.

Nobody wants to learn life's lessons the hard way, but maybe we have to.



P.S - I do not plan to philosophise EVERY day ! It just keeps happening that way !

No comments:

Post a Comment